Distributor Corp. of New England (DCNE) is a woman-owned business and a forward-looking distributor of Carrier brand heating and cooling equipment. We’re seeking a number of exceptional, motivated new team members. Black, Indigenous, & People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA, immigrants, and other candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
“Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” When asked this question, does your answer involve working with people to make a difference?
As long as there are buildings, there will be need for HVAC (heating, ventilation, & air conditioning). In the face of the pandemic and worldwide supply-chain issues, the construction industry continues its trajectory of growth. Similarly, opportunity for individual growth in the industry is very high; and as HVAC is the single largest sector of building energy consumption, those individuals and teams representing high efficiency equipment, applications, and design strategies and have a real impact on our future. For the industry to continue to grow responsibly and sustainably, we need responsible people driving it.
This entry-level position is the gateway to growth into many other facets of the business: managing contractor relationships and negotiating orders, support of consulting engineers designing building mechanical systems, business-to-business marketing, leading estimation efforts, and others. The engineering sales department will work closely with you to build on your innate skillset to ensure your success and growth for years to come.
Qualities of candidates:
Skilled in self-appraisal; consistently sets and achieves personal and professional goals; operates with discerning time management; enjoys building relationships; has a pronounced ability to identify others’ motivation; sets the example of integrity.
Positions available are a mixture of mechanical engineering and relationship-based sales (think business partners, not customers). Your role is to become an expert in the technical nuance and application of equipment that DCNE provides to New England. Your day to day role will be to support the existing sales channel by providing technical product support to design engineering companies and quoting.
Some operational tasks of the role may include:
– Assisting outside design firms in selecting HVAC equipment to meet their building requirements.
– Helping clients with questions covering applications, unit operation, and technical troubleshooting.
– Providing product and customer support to DCNE Territory Managers and their clients’ estimators.
– Supporting other inside sales departments with engineering-related questions.
– Reviewing mechanical drawings for incoming quote requests and logging tracking information.
– Preparing equipment quotes and responding to inbound queries.
– Developing expertise on all software tools and apps used by the organization for project design, estimation, and other aspects of the sales cycle.