Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Reconcile daily various general ledger accounts for the deposit, loan, mortgage, general ledger and other applications.
- Reconcile monthly various general ledger accounts.
- Sorts and distributes mail within the department.
- Receives, manages, and enters accounts payable invoices, utilizing accounts payable software and appropriate general ledger account allocation practices.
- Obtains & Maintains W-9 records for vendors. Gathers information and prepares 1099 reports to vendors annually.
- Assists Accounting Supervisor in month-end financial reporting.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends regular meetings with other members of the Accounting and Finance departments.
- Attends classroom training and other networking opportunities provided through internship program.
- Participates in various team-building activities.
- Performs any other duties as requested.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Incoming Senior
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.